• 최종편집 2022-01-28(금)
실시간뉴스

투데이 HOT 이슈

South Korean military says North Korea fires 2 apparent short-range ballistic missiles toward East Sea
[A view of a North Korean missile launch, in this undated picture released by North Korea. (Photo by=Kcna/Reuters)] SEOUL: In Pyongyang's sixth such launch this year, North Korea fired two apparent short-range ballistic missiles toward the East Sea on Thursday, South Korea's military revealed.The Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) said it detected the launches from in and around Hamhung, a city on its east coast, at around 8 a.m. and 8:05 a.m., respectively, and they flew about 190 kilometers at a top altitude of 20 km. "For more details, the intelligence authorities of South Korea and the United States are conducting a detailed analysis," the JCS said in a text message sent to reporters. The South Korean military keeps close tabs on related North Korean movements and maintains a readiness posture, the JCS added. As to the type of missiles fired Thursday, the military authorities are looking into "all possibilities," including them being multiple rocket launchers, a military official here said, requesting anonymity.The latest launch, the North is presumed to have set a target on Al Island, an uninhabited island off the North's east coast, the official said. South Korea's presidential National Security Council (NSC) held an emergency meeting and called the North's latest launch "very regrettable." The recent bouts of the North's saber-rattling came as the United States has been stepping up sanctions pressure amid a protracted deadlock in its nuclear negotiations with the recalcitrant regime.

포토슬라이드 뉴스
1 / 3

경제 더보기

정치 더보기

Source says South Korea, U.S., Japan arranging in-person FM meeting in Feb

[Participants will be South Korean Foreign Minister Chung Eui-yong and his U.S. and Japanese counterparts, Antony Blinken and Yoshimasa Hayashi. (File photo by= Kyodo)] SEOUL: South Korea, the United States, and Japan are in consultations over an in-person meeting of their foreign ministers next month in Hawaii, an informed source said Thursday, with North Korea likely to top the agenda."Talks are underway to arrange a trilateral foreign ministerial meeting in Hawaii around mid-February," the source said on condition of anonymity. Participants will be South Korean Foreign Minister Chung Eui-yong and his U.S. and Japanese counterparts, Antony Blinken and Yoshimasa Hayashi. If held, it will be the first such meeting since Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida took office in October.The top diplomats of the three nations last met in September on the sidelines of the U.N. General Assembly in New York. The proposed meeting comes amid heightened tension on the Korean Peninsula over the North's unusually fast-paced missile tests and a thinly-veiled threat to lift its years-long moratorium on nuclear and long-range missile tests. Earlier in the day, Pyongyang fired two apparent short-range ballistic missiles toward the East Sea in its sixth such launch this year. Last week, the top nuclear envoys of South Korea, U.S., and Japan exchanged views on the North's recent missile launches and agreed to maintain close trilateral cooperation in the region.

South Korean military says North Korea fires 2 apparent short-range ballistic missiles toward East Sea

[A view of a North Korean missile launch, in this undated picture released by North Korea. (Photo by=Kcna/Reuters)] SEOUL: In Pyongyang's sixth such launch this year, North Korea fired two apparent short-range ballistic missiles toward the East Sea on Thursday, South Korea's military revealed.The Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) said it detected the launches from in and around Hamhung, a city on its east coast, at around 8 a.m. and 8:05 a.m., respectively, and they flew about 190 kilometers at a top altitude of 20 km. "For more details, the intelligence authorities of South Korea and the United States are conducting a detailed analysis," the JCS said in a text message sent to reporters. The South Korean military keeps close tabs on related North Korean movements and maintains a readiness posture, the JCS added. As to the type of missiles fired Thursday, the military authorities are looking into "all possibilities," including them being multiple rocket launchers, a military official here said, requesting anonymity.The latest launch, the North is presumed to have set a target on Al Island, an uninhabited island off the North's east coast, the official said. South Korea's presidential National Security Council (NSC) held an emergency meeting and called the North's latest launch "very regrettable." The recent bouts of the North's saber-rattling came as the United States has been stepping up sanctions pressure amid a protracted deadlock in its nuclear negotiations with the recalcitrant regime.

State Dept. says U.S. remains prepared to engage in dialogue with North Korea

[Flags of North Korea and the United States. (Photo from Eurasia)] WASHINGTON: State department press secretary Ned Price said Tuesday that the United States remains committed to the complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula through diplomacy and dialogue.The spokesperson also reiterated that the U.S. harbors no hostile intent toward North Korea. "We have no hostile intent. We harbor no hostile intent towards the DPRK. We are open to dialogue. We're open to diplomacy," Price said in a press briefing, referring to North Korea by its official name, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea. His remarks come after North Korea launched what appeared to be two cruise missiles on Tuesday (Seoul time), marking its fifth missile launch so far this year. "We think dialogue and diplomacy is the most effective means to help us reach that overarching goal and that is the complete new denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula," said Price. North Korea has ignored U.S. overtures for dialogue for over a year since Joe Biden took office as president in January 2021, citing what it claims to be U.S. hostility toward the North. Unlike developing or testing ballistic missiles, cruise missile launches are not in direct violation of U.N. Security Council resolutions against North Korea. North Korea claimed to have test-fired a new "long-range cruise missile" in September, calling it a "strategic weapon of great significance."

연예가소식 더보기

Seungri’s sentence reduced to 1 year and 6 months at Appeal trial

[Seungri will be released after serving one year and one month more of his sentence. (Photo from Yahoo News Singapore)] On January 27, the High Court for Armed Forces carried out Seungri’s appeal trial. Seungri currently has nine charges including the violation of the Act on the Aggravated Punishment, etc. of Specific Economic Crimes, violation of the Food Sanitation Act, embezzlement, violation of the Act on Special Cases Concerning the Punishment, etc. of Sexual Crimes, habitual gambling, violation of the Foreign Exchange Transactions Act, prostitution mediation, purchase of prostitution services, and special violence instigation.In today’s appeal trial, the justice department sentenced Seungri to one year and six months in prison, which is a reduced sentence from his first sentence of three years in prison, along with a fine of 1,156,900,000 won. Previously, Seungri and the military prosecution had both filed appeals on his original sentence. The reduced sentence seems to follow Seungri’s change in stance. In the original trial, Seungri had denied eight of his nine charges excluding the violation of the Foreign Exchange Transactions Act, but he acknowledged all his charges in the appeal trial and conveyed his remorse. Following the first trial last year, Seungri is currently imprisoned after being placed under arrest by the court. Both Seungri and the military prosecution did not appeal to the Supreme Court, so in the case that the appeal sentence is finalized.

스포츠종합 더보기

'Political' Peng messages banned at Australian Open

[Tennis, China Open Women's Singles Second Round - Beijing, China - 05/10/16. China's Peng Shuai reacts to a challenge call as she plays against France's Caroline Garcia. (File photo by=REUTERS/Damir Sagolj)] MELBOURNE: Australian Open organizers said the safety of Peng Shuai remains their "primary concern" even as security officials at the Grand Slam forced fans to remove shirts referring to the Chinese former doubles number one, Reuters reported.A video posted on social media on Saturday showed security staff at Melbourne Park confiscating shirts and a banner bearing the slogan: "Where Is Peng Shuai?" Peng's well-being became a matter of concern among the global tennis community in November when she appeared to allege that a former Chinese vice premier, Zhang Gaoli, had sexually assaulted her in the past. After that post, she’s absent from public view for nearly three weeks. Last month she said she had never accused anyone of sexually assaulting her, and that a social media post she had made had been misunderstood.Meanwhile, the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) suspended tournaments in China due to its concerns over Peng's safety, which the Tour says has not been alleviated by her recent public appearances. "Peng Shuai's safety is our primary concern. We continue to work with the WTA and global tennis community to seek more clarity on her situation and will do everything we can to ensure her wellbeing." World number one Ash Barty said the situation had brought the tennis community together.

Young guns leave their marks on nat'l football team with complete efforts in friendly victory

[Paik Seung-ho of South Korea (L) dribbles past Virgiliu Postolachi of Moldova during their teams' football friendly match at Mardan Sports Complex in Antalya, Turkey. (Photo from KFA)] SEOUL: For their second straight men's football-friendly victory in Turkey, South Korea enjoyed complete, two-way efforts from young players trying to survive an upcoming lineup crunch. Midfielders Kim Jin-gyu, Paik Seung-ho and Kwon Chang-hoon, and forward Cho Young-wook each scored a goal in South Korea's 4-0 win over Moldova at Mardan Sports Complex in Antalya, Turkey. It was the team's second straight victory during training camp in Turkey, held before South Korea's World Cup.The Taeguk Warriors beat Iceland 5-1, and Kim, Paik, and Kwon all scored in both of those wins. Cho's goal was his first with the senior national team. Kwon, with 29 caps and some European club experience, is the most established one of this bunch and probably won't lose sleep over the impending roster cuts. Paik has six caps, while Kim has played only twice and Cho made his debut on Friday. All 24 or younger, they are still in infant stages of their senior international careers that every goal and every little play will count.They are part of the 25-man contingent from South Korea's K League at the Turkey camp. With Europe-based veterans not available in the middle of their seasons, head coach Paulo Bento called up several new faces and tested them through nearly two weeks of training and two matches.

사회

국제

음악/영화

종교

보도자료 종합

비밀번호 :